- Family-Centered Birth Center Birth and Homebirth, including Waterbirth
- Comprehensive prenatal care at the Birth Center
- Nutritional Counseling & Natural Health Advice
- Complete postpartum care for mother & baby for first six weeks
- Breastfeeding support
- Family planning Counseling
- Preconception Counseling
- Referrals to medical and holistic health care providers and community resources
- Extensive Lending Library of books
Our schedule of services during your pregnancy:
Sixty minute initial visit
1/2 hour-long prenatal visits
- every 4 weeks until 28 weeks of pregnancy
- every 2 weeks from 28-36 weeks of pregnancy
- every week from 36 weeks to birth
Sixty minute visit at 36 weeks of pregnancy (in your home if you are planning a homebirth)
Continuous labor support in your home or at the birth center once active labor is established until the birth of your baby.
Immediate postpartum care in your home or at the birth center until mom and baby are stable and settled, breastfeeding is initiated, a thorough newborn exam has been done and your questions and concerns have been answered and addressed.
Home postpartum visits for mother and baby. The exact schedule of visits varies with each family’s needs, but a minimum of 2 home visits (24 hours, 3 days) and 2 Birth Center visits (2 weeks and 6 weeks) is done during the postpartum period. The birth certificate is filed and newborn metabolic testing, if desired, are performed.
Additional phone consultations, and/or visits as needed.
24 hour a day on-call availability of a midwife.